Tuesday, March 24, 2009

2 Figures and a Seemingly Androgynous Central Figure

This piece is intriguing to me on many different levels... the female figure on the left at first appears snot nosed, but then reveals herself more as a thoughtful and interested glare. The younger male figure in the bottom right is oblivious to anything happening on the picture plane, but at the same time content with the current state of things.

Then we have the central figure...
I can say that the artists intentions was for that of the male anatomy, but the huge lips, small eyes and little ears whisper female. I have the privilege of visiting the artists studio/ workspace/ living quarters and collaborating on this piece. Listening to Ravi Shankar set the tone for an interesting evening. I cant wait to see the final product, but I think this one has nothing on the midget buddha!... more to come

_R

No comments:

Post a Comment